Students are required to attend an iPad Orientation session during the summer. If a student chooses to bring their own device (BYOD), they are still required to attend iPad training. If you are receiving an iPad for summer school classes, please review the earlier dates listed below.
All iPad training sessions will take approximately 1.5 hrs and occur exclusively on the Northfield Campus in the B Building on the 3rd Floor. Once the portal opens, you will make an iPad selection and will be required to register for an iPad training session. After you select your iPad training date and time, an auto-generated confirmation will be emailed to you from iPadHelp@nths.net. If you do not receive a confirmation in your Inbox, please check your spam folder. If your student requires learning accommodations during the iPad training, please email iPadHelp@nths.net and provide your student's name, student ID#, and details of your student's specific learning needs. One of our Instructional Technology Specialists will reach out to your family to arrange for this personalized support.
Summer School iPad Training Information (Academic classes only) &
iPad Training for All Incoming Freshman
2017-2018 iPad Orientation Schedule
|June 27 ||8:30-10, 10:30-12, 1:00-2:30 |
|June 28 ||8:30-10, 10:30-12, 1:00-2:30 |
|June 29 ||8:30-10, 10:30-12, 1:00-2:30 |
|July 18 ||8:30-10, 10:30-12, 1:00-2:30 |
|July 19 ||8:30-10, 10:30-12, 1:00-2:30 |
|July 20 ||8:30-10, 10:30-12, 1:00-2:30 |
|Aug 21 ||8:30-10, 10:30-12, 1:00-2:30, 3:00-4:30 |
|Aug 22 ||8:30-10, 10:30-12, 1:00-2:30, 3:00-4:30 |
|Aug 23 ||8:30-10, 10:30-12, 1:00-2:30, 3:00-4:30 |
Location: Northfield Campus, B Building, Report to B332 (3rd Floor)
IPad Training will cover the following topics:
- How to enroll in our Mobile Device Management (MDM) system called "Self Service"
- Download core apps that support academic activities and productivity
- Enroll in our learning management system, Canvas
- Review select core apps functionality
- Guide students through essential configurations
What to Bring
Technology staff will distribute student iPads purchased through the New Trier District during scheduled iPad orientation sessions. The goal is to ensure that students are ready to use their iPads Day 1 of school. If students chose to bring their own iPad (BYOD), the should come to their orientation with a "wiped" iPad that meets the minimum requirements, found HERE.
Items you will need to bring with you to orientation:
- An established Apple ID: Students must know their Apple ID username and password in order to participate in the orientation. We encourage students to use a personal Apple ID. To set up an Apple ID, click HERE to get started. PLEASE NOTE: We recommend that students do NOT use a shared Apple ID.
- Receipt of purchase: Students must bring a copy of their payment receipt in order to receive the iPad. This was emailed to the parent after purchasing the iPad via Revtrak. The email will be from "New Trier District 203/NTX Web Store".
- ID Card: Students should bring some form of identification to their scheduled iPad Training.
Making Schedule Changes
If you should need to change the date of your student's iPad Training, log back into the MLP Web Portal and select the "Click here to change" link to select another day and time. Sessions are limited to 20 students per classroom.