Serves as district's Chief Financial/Operating Officer. Provides ongoing
management and supervision of business, operational and technical functions.
Responsible for management of the district's insurance, transportation, food
service, and purchasing programs. Serves as the Board's chief negotiator in
bargaining with the district's organized employee groups.
with the Administrative Team to align resources to support the educational
priorities of the district.
- Supervises the Director of Business
Services in the preparation of the district's revenue and expenditure budget
and monitors the district's performance against that plan.
through the Director of Business Services, the tasks of business record keeping
and the operations of business services including payroll, benefit programs,
accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgetary reports, student fees, student
activity funds, and related management information and data processing
- Conducts, with the aid of the Director of Business Services,
the duties of Treasurer as provided by Board Policy and statutes, which include
care and custody of all district funds and securities and all fiduciary
responsibilities of the district, including management of investments
- Leads the Board of Education Finance Committee.
- Coordinates cost
containment efforts, working with all stakeholders to find innovative solutions
to reduce costs that protect the educational priorities of the district.
- Oversees the Facilities Managers in the legal, contractual, and operational
functions relating to all facilities, including the work of all outside
consultants and the development and implementation of a long term facilities
- Oversees the Chief Information Officer in the legal, contractual,
and operational functions relating to district technology services, including
the work of all outside consultants
- Prepares annual short-range and
long-range enrollment and financial forecasts for the district
and directs, in cooperation with the Chief Information Officer, the various
data processing aspects that relate to the business and human resource
operations of the district.
- Supervises all areas of procurement
involving bidding for and/or purchasing of supplies and equipment for use
within the district through the Manager of Transportation and Purchasing
- Directs the district's capital equipment acquisition and planning process,
as well as all major capital projects, including the financing of same
- Directs the district's transportation services through the Manager of
Transportation and Purchasing
- Negotiates and executes all contracts
for products and services in compliance with Board Policy.
- Collaborates with Human Resources, Student Services, and Curriculum and
Instruction to plan for staffing, including participation in the Stipend Review
- Represents the district in matters dealing with food service
vendors in conjunction with the Director of Business Services, including the
selection of vendor, approval of pricing, monitoring of financial operation and
working with campus administrators on food service-related problems.
- Administers the district's insurance programs, both those paid by district
monies as well as those paid by contributions from individual employees or
students. Serves as district representative in all insurance cooperatives.
- Assists the Superintendent in the leadership of the New Trier Township
Educational Consortium (NTTEC), including the preparation for Cooperative
meetings and legal, contractual and other issues related to the spectrum
- Leads the Board's management team in collective bargaining
negotiations with the New Trier Educational Association, the Education Support
Personnel Association and the Physical Plant Services Association, and prepares
materials needed in negotiations with the Directors of Business Services and
- Assists in the administration of contract compliance
with provisions of the collective bargaining agreements serving as primary
interpreter of all contract provisions
- Acts as the district's primary
representative in matters dealing with lawsuits and state/federal
- Directs the operation of the New Trier Scholarship
- Serves as the district's Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- Consults with employees anticipating retirement benefits
through TRS or IMRF and serves as resource for retirement planning for all
employee groups as requested
- Serves on the Superintendent's Council and
participates in Administrative Team meetings. Participates in hiring decisions
for certified and non-certified personnel, as needed.
with legislative and professional associations regarding significant
educational issues at the local, state and national levels.
special projects as assigned by the Superintendent
- Attends Board
meetings and prepares such reports for the Board as the Superintendent may
in Business Information Technology, DePaul University, Chicago, IL
- B.S. in Human Computer Interaction, DePaul University, Chicago, IL
- Chief School Business Official, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb,