USE/RENTAL OF FACILITIES POLICY
Use of facilities for school activities shall always take precedence over use by outside organizations, and no outside bookings shall be guaranteed until the New Trier Township High School calendar has been established and publicly announced. The Board of Education, through the administration, shall determine suitability of activity, availability of space, and group classification. Charges shall be determined according to the schedule of fees.
Priority will be given to non-profit organizations within District 203's boundaries or a organizations with a majority of its membership contained therein for the use of the New Trier Township High School facilities. The Board of Education reserves the right to grant or reject any application for use of the school District facilities.
1. The Application For Use Of District Facilities must be completed and signed by the authorized representative of the organization (21 years or older) who will be personally responsible for any and all damage, and who will oversee all terms and conditions contained within this application.
2. All applications / contracts are to be sent to the attention of the Associate Superintendent, New Trier Township High School District 203, 7 Happ Road, Northfield, IL 60093. A non-refundable $25.00 processing fee, payable to New Trier High School, will be required with the submittal of the signed Application. This fee will be returned if the District is unable to accommodate the Organization's request.
3. The administration will review the Application, and if the District can accommodate the request, will complete a contract including an estimation of all fees. The contract must be signed and submitted to the Associate Superintendent at least one week prior to the rental date requested. The contract is not binding unless the school officials have signed it. A fully executed contract will be returned to the organization's authorized representative.
4. Payment of the estimated fee will be required at least one week in advance. No refunds will be made for cancellation unless cancellation is made to the Associate Superintendent in writing by the organization's authorized representative at least 48 hours in advance of the rental date.
5. If the Contract is approved, a certificate of insurance in the amount $1,000,000 will be required naming "New Trier Township High School District 203 as the additional insured". See page 4 for additional insurance information.
If you have any questions, please contact Patt Schneider at (847) 784-3409.
CONDITIONS OF USE
1. The Board of Education and administration reserve the right to interrupt any contract for space should an emergency arise. In such an event, every effort will be made to provide temporary substitute space.
2. The organization using the facility shall be responsible for the conduct of persons present and for damage, loss, disappearance or breakage of school property during the use/rental period.
3. The School District, the Board of Education and its employees shall not be held responsible for any damages to property or loss of materials brought onto New Trier Township High School property, nor shall any of them be held responsible for injuries to any person, which may occur on school property because of the activity. A certificate of insurance and the executed Release & Indemnification Agreement are requirements of the Contract for Use/Rental of Facilities.
4. Alcoholic beverages and smoking shall not be permitted on the school premises or anywhere on school grounds.
5. Advertising of the activity shall clearly indicate the sponsoring organization with New Trier Township High School listed only as the place of the activity.
6. A complete explanation and description of the activity shall be provided to the administration upon request. The administration reserves the right to determine the need for parking lot attendants, police, and extra custodians.
7. The assignment of District personnel will be determined by the District, depending on the nature of the activity. Any required prep and cleanup time will be determined by the District and charged to the Organization. All groups using the facilities on weekends will be assigned one custodian or one supervisor. A custodian may also be assigned to duty for a weeknight activity, as needed.
8. Any additional charges for rental, personnel or equipment fees incurred in excess of the estimated fees billed will be the responsibility of the Organization/Authorized Representative and said Organization/Authorized Representative agrees to promptly pay New Trier High School for any excess charges within seven (7) days of receipt of invoice.
9. Whenever custodial staff is called back to work after leaving the building, the organization renting the facilities shall be charged for a minimum of two hours wages.
10. No electrical equipment shall be attached to existing circuits without prior approval from the District.
a.) The auditorium supervisor shall be on duty at all times when outside organizations are using the facility. Only employees of the school district shall operate the auditorium equipment. Time sheets for these employees are to be signed each night by the person in charge for the renting organization.
b.) The renting organization shall meet with the auditorium supervisor at least 48 hours before use of the auditorium to determine the number of people needed and the services required.
c.) The auditorium supervisor and the stage crew shall be paid for one-half hour before each rehearsal and one hour before each performance. Estimated clean-up time is two person-hours after each rehearsal and six person-hours after each performance.
d.) Time that is granted to any community group for a production is limited to one week including rehearsals and performances.
12 Piano - The cost of moving the grand piano and the cost of tuning any piano after use as determined by the school staff shall be paid by the organization renting the facility.
13. Organizations using the gymnasiums must furnish their own equipment such as basketballs, volleyballs, all protection gear, and other light equipment.
The pool will not be used for fund-raising purposes by outside organizations. Whenever the pool is in use, the following district staff members shall be present:
1-30 people - 1 staff member and/or 1 guard
31-70 people - 2 staff members or 1 staff member and 2 guards
15. All Athletic Fields
a.) The School District reserves the right to add supervision by a New Trier Staff member at the hourly rate included in the fee schedule.
b.) Costs to repair damage to the fields in excess of normal wear and tear, as determined by the school staff, will be billed to the renting organization.
16. Synthetic Turf Fields:
a.) Water Bottles and sports drinks are welcome on the field.
b.) Eating is not permitted on the field. Food scraps and even sunflower seeds are VERY difficult to remove.
c.) Make sure the field is clean when you are finished. The user is responsible for litter left by spectators.
d.) All goals are to be moved only under the supervision of New Trier staff members. The organization accepts all responsibility for their own safety and the condition of the equipment when moving goals. Dragging heavy items such as goals or other athletic equipment across the athletic field may tear the field.
e.) Do not move goals alone and do not allow small children to move them. Dropping the wheel on goals requires more than one person.
f.) Safety regulations require the placement of appropriate weights on the rear crossbar of soccer goals. Placement and ongoing use of the weighted devices is the responsibility of the renter.
g.) Adhesives like tape and line markings will damage the turf and are prohibited.
h.) Dogs and other pets are not allowed on any District 203 property or playing surfaces (indoors or outdoors).
i.) Bicycles, motorized vehicles, skateboards, rollerblades and other personal transportation items may tear the playing surface and are prohibited.
17. Seasonal Organization Team Request See Appendix for rules and timelines applying to Rental of Facilities by Seasonal Organization Teams / Leagues.
18. The Organization/Authorized Representative agrees to hereby execute the Use/Rental of Facilities Release and Indemnification form attached hereto.
19. The Organization/Authorized Representative shall provide a Certificate of Insurance to the
District, naming New Trier Township High School District 203 as the additional named insured in a general liability policy with an insurance company acceptable to the District. The insurance policy must include as a minimum bodily injury liability limit of $1,000,000 for each occurrence and property damage liability of $1,000,000 for each occurrence. The policy must be an "Occurrence Made" insurance policy. The insurance carrier must have a Best's rating of A-6 or better.
20. The District may, at any time, deny or refuse to grant any application or cancel, without liability, any USE/RENTAL CONTRACT whenever the use, in the reasonable judgment of the Board, presents or may present a clear and present danger to persons or property, or may be in violation of or contrary to applicable federal, state, or local law or ordinance.
New Trier Township District 203 User Classification for Rental Rates
Group A - Feeder: Feeder organizations have a direct connection to the District with benefit to District 203 students and New Trier High School programs. These groups must be focused on working specifically with children from New Trier Township. At least 51% of participants must live within the boundaries of District 203. The organization must provide financial aid opportunities to any children who are eligible to receive free/reduced lunch programs. The organization must provide NTHS with a contact information list of all participants which may only be used by NTHS to promote NTHS events. The group must support the NTHS mission to encourage student-athletes to participate in multiple sports and/or activities. The rental group's coaching staff is encouraged to attend the free sport specific clinics run by the NTHS head coach in cases where such clinics are offered.
Group B - In-District "Not for Profit": In-District Not-for-Profit organizations must have a significant connection to the community either in terms of participants or proprietors and should provide a benefit to District 203 students. At least 51% of participants must live within the boundaries of District 203. These organizations are "Not-for Profit" meaning they are religious, charitable, and philanthropic organizations in which no admission is charged for the activities.
Group C - In-District For-Profit or Out-District "Not for Profit": Two categories of organizations belong in this group. (1) The first group would include organizations which operate on a "For Profit" basis with a significant connection to the community either in terms of participants or proprietors and which provides a benefit to District 203 students. At least 51% of participants must live within the boundaries of District 203; OR (2) the second category includes organizations which operate on a "Not-for Profit" basis, but have less than 51% of participants who live within the boundaries of District 203. These organizations are "Not-for Profit," and include religious, charitable, and philanthropic organizations in which no admission is charged for the activities.
Group D - Out of District For Profit: Organizations which are for-profit business entities are defined as those that derive income from the collection of participant fees. In addition, they provide coaching or management salaries, and they may or may not include district residents (usually less than 51% of participants live within the boundaries of District 203).
| ||Hourly Rates (Three Hour Minimum) |
| ||A ||B ||C ||D |
|Location/Facility - Athletics || || || || |
|Athletic Fields with Lights ||$40.00 ||$80.00 ||$120.00 ||$200.00 |
|Athletic Fields w/o Lights ||$20.00 ||$40.00 ||$60.00 ||$100.00 |
|Synthetic Turf Fields with Lights ||$50.00 ||$100.00 ||$150.00 ||$250.00 |
|Synthetic Turf Fields w/o Lights ||$30.00 ||$60.00 ||$90.00 ||$150.00 |
|Athletic Track - Winnetka ||$20.00 ||$40.00 ||$60.00 ||$100.00 |
|Gymnasium - Main ||$30.00 ||$60.00 ||$90.00 ||$150.00 |
|Gymnasium - Other ||$20.00 ||$40.00 ||$60.00 ||$100.00 |
|Wrestling Room - Winnetka ||$20.00 ||$40.00 ||$60.00 ||$100.00 |
|Fitness Center / Strength Facility ||$20.00 ||$40.00 ||$60.00 ||$100.00 |
|Tennis Courts (4+) ||$20.00 ||$40.00 ||$60.00 ||$100.00 |
|Swimming Pool - Winnetka ||$40.00 ||$80.00 ||$120.00 ||$200.00 |
|Swimming Pool - Northfield ||$30.00 ||$60.00 ||$90.00 ||$150.00 |
| || || || || |
|Personnel Costs - Hourly Rates || || || || |
|Swimming Pool Technician ||$50.00 ||$58.00 ||$58.00 ||$65.00 |
|Maintenance Staff ||$50.00 ||$58.00 ||$58.00 ||$65.00 |
|Custodial, Grounds ||$40.00 ||$47.00 ||$47.00 ||$55.00 |
|Security, Athletic Supervision ||$35.00 ||$40.00 ||$40.00 ||$45.00 |
|PA, Scoreboard Operator ||$32.00 ||$37.00 ||$37.00 ||$42.00 |
|Parking, Add'l Supervision ||$32.00 ||$37.00 ||$37.00 ||$42.00 |
To request availability of District 203 Facilities please click here .