STUDENT ALLIANCE (SA) is New Trier's student government. We are responsible for changing school policies, approving clubs, and hosting events.
We strive to advocate on behalf of all student voices to enhance the New Trier experience.
We achieve this by
- Passing and supporting new clubs
- Organizing club head luncheons
- Allocating funds for clubs
- Advertising for clubs and school-wide events
- Facilitating recruitment of new Alliance member
- Connecting with Student Senate (Northfield) for cross-campus project
- Organizing and overseeing Spring Fest (including working with club sponsors, PPS, and administration
- Soliciting student feedback and suggestions to improve administrative policy (ongoing review of student emails and running of monthly meetings with advisery representatives)
STUDENT ALLIANCE meets every day 3rd period at the Winnetka Campus in Room 009, in the basement (that's room 009, period 3). Visitors are welcome and encouraged to come on Fridays during our formal meetings and to our monthly forums in W336!
STUDENT ALLIANCE consists of a board of 19 students and four officers, sponsored by Ms. Stacy Kolack, Mrs. Stephanie Gamauf, and Dr. David Noskin. This year's Student Alliance board is made up of three committees: Policy, Public Relations, and Clubs.