Greetings from the NTPA Class of 2020 Board!
Junior year is when the abstract idea of your child's life after high school meets with many concrete milestones. It can be stressful for students (and parents!) to navigate testing, counselor meetings, and peer pressure in the process of defining post-high school plans. The New Trier administration and the NTPA are committed to helping your family handle the pressures of junior year and shape post-high school plans with support and preparation.
The NTPA offers events, communications, and information to help guide you, including:
- Junior Year Timeline program (September 2018)
provided an overview of the post-high school process and a checklist for the year ahead. The slides and other information from this event can be found on this webpage, under the
heading. Additional parent support tools can be found on the
Junior Class page of the New Trier website
- Slides from the Junior Parent Coffee (October 3) can be viewed
. They contain excellent information on many challenges facing our juniors, including apps, substances, and stress
- Later in the year, the NTPA will present
College Admissions 101 on Tuesday, February 26 at 7:00 pm.
To stay current on upcoming events and take advantage of parent opportunities:
- Bookmark this page.
- Read the regularly updated reminders and materials below.
- Check this page as the new school year approaches; it will be updated with new information when available.
Grateful for your participation in our parent community,
Important Reminders and Information