Welcome Parents of the New Trier Class of 2021 Home Page! We are excited to welcome you to the New Trier community. On behalf of the NTPA board, we invite you to take full advantage of what the school and the NTPA have to offer.
- Advisery Night where you can meet your student's Freshman Adviser. The Girls' Advisery Night will be held on Monday, September 18th from 7:00-8:30 PM and the Boys' Advisery Night will be held on Tuesday, September 19th from 7:00-8:20 PM. Both will be held on the Northfield Campus
- Freshman Compass Night on Tuesday, October 10th from 7:00-8:30 PM in room C234 at the Northfield Campus. Freshman Compass is a forum where you will hear from veteran New Trier parents.
- Parent Coffees which are scheduled throughout the year. These informal coffees provide a forum where parents will have opportunities to meet members of the NT administration.
- The Freshman Class Book Club! New to New Trier this year, each class will host a book club featuring a book centered around adolescents. Check back here for more details later in the fall!
- Advisery Room Reps are needed! This is a great opportunity to support your child's Advisery and be involved in what's going on with the school
- Other Opportunities will be available to help out throughout the year (i.e., Freshman mixer chaperone, hand out exam snacks, etc.)
- Sign Up! If you'd like to be put on a contact list for volunteer opportunities, please fill out the online form below.
Additional Info can be found here on the Class of 2021 home page or by emailing
We are looking forward to a great four years!
New Trier Parents' Association Co-Chairs (Class of 2021)
SIGN-UP TO VOLUNTEER
to submit online Class of 2021 Volunteer Form. We encourage you to volunteer! You can spend as little or as much time as possible on a variety of committees.
Important Reminders and Information
When registering for classes each year, students, parents, and advisers consider the complete experience each student hopes to have at New Trier. This
explains that planning process. For additional context, check out the profiles New Trier compiles of its graduating classes. Filled with interesting and useful information, these profiles present details on classes (and levels) taken by the graduates, colleges attended, and much more. See the
Class of 2016 Profile
for in-depth information about New Trier's most recent graduating class.
I Used to Be a Human Being
by Andrew Sullivan
Connecting With Sherry Turkle: My Q and A With the Author of Reclaiming Conversation
by Arianna Huffington
Teachers, Parents Often Misuse Growth Mindset Research, Carol Dweck Says
by The Hechinger Report
Former Stanford Dean Explains Why Helicopter Parenting Is Ruining A Generation of Children
by Emma Brown
Parent University - Parent Education Programs
Welcome to Parent University, a central location for all New Trier Parent Educational programming including seminars, round tables, coffees and informational meetings. Programming listed here is intended for the New Trier community, and is sponsored by New Trier High School, New Trier parent organizations and various community groups.
to see upcoming events and their descriptions.