Welcome Parents of the New Trier Class of 2021 Home Page! We are excited to welcome you to the New Trier community. On behalf of the NTPA board, we invite you to take full advantage of what the school and the NTPA have to offer.
- SPRING 2018: The Freshman Class Book Club ! New to New Trier this year, each class will host a book club featuring a book centered around adolescents. The Classes of 2020 and 2021 present How to Raise an Adult: Break Free of the Overparenting Trap and Prepare Your Kid for Success by Julie Lythcott-Haims Tuesday, March 13, 9:00 AM and 7:00 PM, Northfield Campus, Room C234.
Led by Northfield Principal Paul Waechtler Please click
- THURSDAY, MARCH 8: FRESHMAN CLASS OF 2021 PARENT COFFEE , 8-9:15AM, New Trier Northfield Campus, Room C234. Topic: What Activities Does New Trier Offer? Join our special guests Dan Gross, student activities coordinator and Sally Conley, New Trier Booster Club representative. Questions? Melissa Meers - email@example.com or Deirdre Redding-
to view flyer
Photos from October 17 parent coffee
- Other Opportunities will be available to help out throughout the year (i.e., Freshman mixer chaperone, hand out exam snacks, etc.)
- Sign Up! If you'd like to be put on a contact list for volunteer opportunities, please fill out the online form below.
- All Year, New Trier Classroom Catering . Donuts, bagels, fruit and more provided by NT Food Service (Quest). Pick Up 7:30AM-8:00AM. New Trier Food Service is happy to offer Classroom Catering for Advisory Breakfasts on Fridays or for any meeting before and after school. We know it is hard for you or your parents to stop after school on Thursday or before school on Friday if it is your turn to bring breakfast. You may place an order using the Classroom Catering Order Form located on the
New Trier Food Services Webpage
. Please submit all orders by 10 am the day before the event. Please be specific on how many of each item you would like (i.e. 1⁄2 dozen donuts, 10 waters). All orders will be sent to
. You will receive a confirmation email to let you know that we have your order. You may pick up your order mornings between 7:30 am - 8:05 am. We accept Cash, Student ID (Money on Account) or a check made out to Quest. Feel free to call Pia Fazio at 847-784-2288 if you have any questions.
Additional Info can be found here on the Class of 2021 home page or by emailing
We are looking forward to a great four years!
New Trier Parents' Association Co-Chairs (Class of 2021)
SIGN-UP TO VOLUNTEER
to submit online Class of 2021 Volunteer Form. We encourage you to volunteer! You can spend as little or as much time as possible on a variety of committees.
Every New Trier household has received an AtoZ directory Login ID and Password along with verification instructions to access the Online AtoZ Directory. Please use that information to get started on the AtoZ app. Printed directories are no longer available.
Please go to
if you have questions or need assistance with the AtoZ app. Please contact the NTPA Membership Chair, Ashley Prasad, at
for any other support.
For any address or contact changes after September 29th, you must contact Sarah Khan, the New Trier registrar, at firstname.lastname@example.org . You can change the details in the AtoZ app as well, but that is not shared with the school.
NTPA Directory flyer
Important Reminders and Information
New Trier offers a student tutoring program. Students can sign up for a session with a student tutor, and they can also volunteer to tutor other students. Click
New Trier's Post-High School Counseling Office offers an optional newsletter for parents of sophomores. The newsletter is sent via email approximately six times during the year. For more details, or to be added to the distribution list, scroll down on this page and click Sign-up for Sophomore Parent Newsletters!
TED Talk: How to Raise Successful Kids-Without Over-Parenting
by Julie Lythcott-Haims
Vaping Can Be Addictive and May Lure Teens to Smoking, Science Panel Concludes
by Sheila Kaplan
Have Smartphones Destroyed a Generation?
by Jean Twenge
I Used to Be a Human Being
by Andrew Sullivan
Teachers, Parents Often Misuse Growth Mindset Research, Carol Dweck Says
by The Hechinger Report
Parent University - Parent Education Programs
Welcome to Parent University, a central location for all New Trier Parent Educational programming including seminars, round tables, coffees and informational meetings. Programming listed here is intended for the New Trier community, and is sponsored by New Trier High School, New Trier parent organizations and various community groups.
to see upcoming events and their descriptions.
Movin’ On Up: What Parents Need to Know About the Transition to Sophomore
Wednesday, April 11, 7:00-8:30 PM, Gaffney
Freshman parents are invited to join Winnetka
Principal Denise Dubravec, the Sophomore Adviser Chairs, and a panel of current
students to learn more about the opportunities and experiences available to
students at the Winnetka campus. The panel presentation and Q&A will be
followed by tours of the campus led by Student Ambassadors. Presented by the
Class of 2021.
Freshman Class Videos and Photos