Hello, parents of the Class of 2022. Welcome to the NTPA class home page, your complete resource to all things New Trier. Bookmark this page and check back for updated information on events and opportunities throughout the year
We hope to see you at an event. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at
Transfer families event in August
Is your rising sophomore new to the New Trier community? Then come to the Winnetka campus Aug. 21 for a welcome and tour for new transfer families. The event will run from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
2018-19 year in review
2018-19 year in review
Every year of high school is precious and unique, but freshman year is special for marking another beginning in the lives of parents and their students. The New Trier Parents' Association aids the experience by maintaining parents' link with the school, offering informative talks, volunteer opportunities and social events. As we look ahead to a new year at a different campus, here's a look back at some of the NTPA's highlights for the Class of 2022:
- Assisted Northfield assistant principal Gail Gamrath in welcoming a group of 30 transfer students and their families on Aug. 21.
- Provided volunteers for EKG screenings during school Oct. 3. Volunteers also attended a mandatory training session the night before.
- Provided 25 volunteers for the Freshman Mixer at night Oct. 3. Nearly 900 students attended
- At our first Parent Coffee on Oct. 16, New Trier freshman adviser chairs Sue Ellen Haak and Mark Howard presented the issues of vaping and e-cigarettes to more than 40 people.
- Seven board members served pie to teachers and staff during lunch periods Nov. 20
- Twenty-five volunteers assembled 1,242 packets for Academic Life Nights for incoming freshmen on Jan. 8
- Hosted 195 people at the Freshman Parent Party on Jan. 11 at the Michigan Shores Club
- Hosted "Brain Boost" snacks for students Jan. 23 during final exams. (The kids loved it.
- At our second Parent Coffee on March 5, two members of the Josselyn Center, a mental-health clinic in Northfield, spoke to an audience of 50 people
- Hosted the "Movin' On Up" program April 10 for freshman parents to learn about the transition to sophomore year. About 450 parents attended. Tours were given by student ambassadors, and a panel of students answered questions. Winnetka principal Denise Dubravek was the moderator
- Hosted the "New Trier 101" program for incoming freshmen April 16. More than 250 parents attended. The presentation included superintendent Paul Sally, assistant principal Gail Gamrath and a panel of parents.
- At our last Parent Coffee on May 14, Winnetka principal Denise Dubravek spoke about sophomore year and the changes students will experience at the Winnetka Campus. About 35 parents attended
- Provided 50 volunteers for "Spring Fest" on May 16 at the Northfield campus.
Hosted another "Brain Boost" for students June 10 during finals.
SIGN-UP TO VOLUNTEER
If you're interested in volunteering for any events sophomore year, please click
to submit your name and email address. We'll send you volunteer opportunities as they become available.
Important Reminders and Information
Parent University - Parent Education Programs
Welcome to Parent University, a central location for all New Trier Parent Educational programming including seminars, round tables, coffees and informational meetings. Programming listed here is intended for the New Trier community, and is sponsored by New Trier High School, New Trier parent organizations and various community groups.
to see upcoming events and their descriptions.