March 7, 2018 (For Immediate Release) -
Do you know a New Trier High School graduate who has made a significant impact in his or her career field or the greater community? Nominations are now open for the 2019 New Trier High School Alumni Achievement Awards, including a Young Alumnus Award category for extraordinary graduates younger than 40.
The nomination deadline is April 16, 2018. Anyone may nominate a graduate through the school's easy online form: http://www.newtrier.k12.il.us/alumninominationform/ . Downloadable forms are also available on the school's alumni website, www.newtrieralumni.org .
New Trier launched the recognition program during the 2010-2011 school year and has inducted 52 honorees since (their biographies can be found at http://bit.ly/alumnihall ). Most of these honorees have returned to the school to share their memories in inspirational discussions with students at New Trier and at awards dinners hosted by the New Trier Educational Foundation. The 2019 dinner is scheduled for Thursday, March 14 at the Hilton Orrington Hotel in Evanston - save the date!
Nominees may range from well-known alumni to unsung heroes. The selection committee can consider only alumni whose names have been submitted, so don't assume a famous alumnus or alumna has already been nominated.
Recipients of the New Trier Township High School Alumni Achievement Awards must:
- Be graduates of New Trier who have had outstanding careers, resulting in a direct and significant impact in their fields for a minimum of five years
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership, character, and service to the community
- Have school and career records that reflect the values of the New Trier motto: "To commit minds to inquiry, hearts to compassion, and lives to the service of humanity"
In addition, the District offers a Young Alumnus Award category. Anyone nominated in this category must:
- Be younger than age 40 at the time of the nomination
- Demonstrate potential for leadership in his or her chosen career and in service to the community
- Reflect the values of the New Trier motto
The decision to award an honoree in any category, including the Young Alumnus category, is at the sole discretion of the Alumni Achievement Awards Selection Committee. The committee includes a current student, faculty members, administrators, alumni, and community members.
Recipients of the New Trier Alumni Achievement Award also are inducted into the Alumni Hall of Honor, located near the second floor rotunda on the Winnetka Campus. The hall features plaques and an interactive touch screen monitor with information about the honorees.
For more information and a list of past honorees, please visit the New Trier alumni website at www.newtrieralumni.org .
New Trier Township High School District 203 serves Chicago's North Shore suburban communities of Glencoe, Kenilworth, Wilmette and Winnetka, most of Northfield and parts of Glenview and Northbrook.