Stage Crew is the backbone of every play, musical, and dance production at New Trier, crew members build sets, paint scenery, operate the sound and lights for all performances, and have a great time. No previous experience is necessary. This is a terrific hands-on activity for anyone from a master builder to someone who barely knows how to turn on a light switch.
All student performers must successfully participate in a Crew Apprentice Program (CAP) production either before or within one calendar year after being cast in a production for the first time. Apprentice opportunities are available on a first come, first served basis. If a student does not complete a CAP within the appropriate time frame, they are not eligible to audition for subsequent productions. All students are welcome to be part of multiple stage crews but do not need to participate in the CAP program more than once in their four years at New Trier.
Crew sessions include building of the scenery, loading in the set, technical and dress rehearsals and striking the set and are scheduled Monday through Friday from 3:30 - 6:00 PM. and on Saturdays from 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM or 1:30 - 4:30 PM. Technical and dress rehearsals end by 8:00 p.m.
To order production t-shirts, click
2017-2018 School Year
ENCOURAGED CAP OPPORTUNITIES
Lagniappe-Potpourri - Sign-up
● 08/21/17: Crew Kick-off Session from 9:30am - 4:30pm in A10 (Below Gaffney Auditorium) Winnetka Campus
(The schedule will be to meet at 9:30am for the kick-off, followed by safety training. Lunch 12:30 to 1:30. Resume crew session at 1:30 until 4:30. Make sure to come dressed and ready to get to get to work!)
● 08/22/17 - 09/04/17: Rehearsals/Construction from 9:30a - 4:30pm
● 09/05/17 - 09/18/17: Rehearsals/Construction are Monday - Friday from 3:30 - 6:00pm & Saturdays from 9:30a - 4:30pm
● 09/18/17 - 09/23/17: Technical and Dress Rehearsals end by 8:00pm
● 09/25/17: Technical and Dress Rehearsal ends by 8:00pm
● 09/26/17 - 09/28/17: Performance dates
● 09/28/17 - 10/03/17: Strike