From starting high school to transitioning to college and young adult life, comes increased responsibility in managing your health.
There are some excellent web resources that may help you understand and address some of your health concerns:
- www.cdc.gov/ and www.mayoclinic.com The Center for Disease Control and The Mayo Clinic offer a variety of topics-wellness, diseases, first aid, immunization, age specific concerns.
- www.cyh.com Go to Young Adult Health in the Children and Youth Health Website. Addresses young adult health issues.
- www.icah.org The Illinois Caucus for Adolescent Health explains your rights in accessing confidential health care and the Illinois laws supporting those rights.
- www.netwellness.org/ NetWellness provides basic to in-depth information on hundreds of diseases and wellness issues. Health specialists will respond to your specific questions when you Ask an Expert.
- www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/easy-to-read/preteen-teen.html This section of the CDC website provides information on recommended vaccines for young adults.
- www.nimh.nih.gov . The National Institute of Mental Health offers authoritative information about mental health disorders and a wide range of mental health topics and resources.
When choosing a college, make sure the campus health services and community resources meet your particular health needs. View a sampling of several campus health center websites to see the various types of services provided.