- Articulates a clear vision for the district's student services program that is integrated with academic programs.
- Provides direct leadership for all programs related to student services including diversity, personal exploration plan, ethical conduct/global citizenship, service learning, community resource program and other initiatives.
- Provides broad oversight of all other student services and student life programs including, the adviser program, social work, student assistance, response to intervention, guided assistance program, athletics, performing arts, student activities and health services.
- Leads research, data analysis and evaluation of all student services programs and initiatives.
- Evaluates and recommends adoption or modification of student services programs and assists in their budget preparation.
- Assists in the development of the budget sections that pertain to all areas of student services.
- Provides leadership and oversight of the district's staff development program related to student services, in partnership with the Assistant Superintendent for Academic Services.
- Works collaboratively with the principals, provides staff leadership and fosters communication across both campuses to ensure understanding of the objectives of the student service programs.
- Keeps abreast of developments in student services and student life programs and furnishes leadership in determining their appropriateness for inclusion in the district's educational program.
- Assists in the recruitment, interviewing, assigning and evaluating of personnel related to student service programs and provides direct supervision of the Director of Student Life.
- Interprets the student services program and its philosophy to the Board, the administration, the staff, and the general public.
- Serves as liaison with educational leaders at township, state, regional, and national levels.
- Prepares state reports as required.
- Member Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Member American Educational Research Association
- Member National Association of Secondary School Principals
- M.S.Ed. Northeastern Illinois University, Educational Leadership
- M.A.T. Boston College, Secondary English Instruction
- B.A. University of Michigan
- Illinois type 75 Administrative K-12
- Illinois type 09 Secondary English 9-12