Greetings from the NTPA Class of 2020 Board!
Junior year is when the abstract idea of your child's life after high school meets with many concrete milestones. It can be stressful for students (and parents!) to navigate testing, counselor meetings, and peer pressure in the process of defining post-high school plans. The New Trier administration and the NTPA are committed to helping your family handle the pressures of junior year and shape post-high school plans with support and preparation.
The NTPA offers events, communications, and information to help guide you, including:
- Junior Year Timeline (Thursday, September 20, at 7:00 pm in the Cornog Auditorium at Northfield) provides an overview of the post-high school process and a checklist for the year ahead. A video of last year's event, plus a broader set of parent support tools, can be found
- Junior Parent Coffee on Wednesday, October 3, 9:30-11:00 am : The world has changed dramatically since we were in high school. We asked two New Trier pros to talk about the social issues facing our kids-prolonged screen time, ubiquitous phones and cameras, vaping, and more.
Scott Williams (assistant principal for student services) and
Tiffany Myers (social work department chair) will help us understand what our kids are experiencing and how to discuss these issues with them. Location will be shared via email.
- Later in the year, the NTPA will present
College Admissions 101 on Tuesday, February 26 at 7:00 pm.
To stay current on upcoming events and take advantage of parent opportunities:
- Bookmark this page.
- Read the regularly updated reminders and materials below.
- Check this page as the new school year approaches; it will be updated with new information when available.
Grateful for your participation in our parent community,
Important Reminders and Information