- Study Shakespeare in London, Oxford, and Stratford
- Experience "The Bard" in live theatre
- Live, travel, study and develop friendships with Shakespearean scholars and enthusiast
- Learn the technical, theatrical, and directorial process from the finest professionals in their fiel
- Explore London, one of the most exciting cities in the world
The Opportunity of a Lifetime:
Shakespeare: From Page to Stage
explores and brings to life the process
The Royal Shakespeare Company
The Globe Theatre
The Chicago Shakespeare Theater
companies undergo, moving from textual interpretation, to directorial and production analysis, to live performance. Each student participant will travel to England, and be granted the rare privilege of living and studying in the ancient, hallowed halls of Oxford University.
As participants, New Trier students will :
- Discuss and debate three Shakespearean texts with professional artisans and scholars
- Learn how theater technicians work in conjunction with directors and actors to accomplish the staging of a Shakespearean text.
- Analyze, discuss and stage their own interpretation of works by Shakespear
- Interact with and discover Shakespeare's world: London, Stratford, and the English countryside
- Create a lasting journal filled with creative writing, personal discoveries, interviews, diagrams, reflections, and analysis inspired by their interaction with directors, actors, teachers, technicians, scholars, their own peers and live theatrical performances
- The class - June 18 - July 8.
- Information Night - October 11, EPI center, 7:00 p.m.
- Application due - October 20.
Essays and application are due to