This introductory course is open to ALL students who want to learn how to DIY around the house or are looking to learn more about carpentry, electrical residential wiring and plumbing. Using a hands-on approach students will use tools every day and discover how to build a home from the framing to drywall to finishes (such as molding and flooring). Students will also residential wire an entire home (in our lab) and be eligible to receive college dual credit in residential wiring. You will learn by doing and everything will translate to life!
This course fulfills the graduation requirement for fine and/or practical arts.
This course is eligible for college dual credit.
- Kids Playhouse
- Octagonal Picnic Tables
- Wishing Well for Garden
- Wall Framing
- Base and Crown Molding
- Conduit bending and installation
- Ground Fault Circuit Interrupts (Circuit Breaker)
- Single-Pole & Three-Way Switched Light Circuits
- 15 amp, 20 amp, GFCI Outlets
- Electrical Conduit Planning and Routing Methods
- Combination Circuits
- Wiring Methods & Stripping, Splicing and Taping Techniques
- Overhead light, Outside Light, Inside light
- Security Systems, Smoke and Fire Alarms
- Multimeter Familiarization
In the course, students are eligible to receive College Dual Credit . Info Link