March 12, 2021
Dear New Trier Families,
As 4th quarter approaches (beginning April 5), New Trier is assessing our learning options and environment for all students. Our goal is to safely offer more in-person learning and extracurricular opportunities while allowing a choice for students who wish to remain all-remote through the end of this school year.
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) issued new guidelines on March 9 that allow for reduced social distancing in classrooms to allow for more capacity. The guidelines still require 6 feet of distance in areas where students may remove their masks, such as during lunch.
In order for New Trier to determine its 4th quarter learning options, we are asking all families to complete our 4th quarter learning preference form in PowerSchool by Wednesday, March 17.
New Trier is considering options that would allow more students to attend each day by reducing the distancing in some classrooms to less than 6 feet. Mitigation measures such as mask wearing, Ruvna screening, saliva screening, and enhanced cleaning would still be in place. However, student quarantines may increase because the IDPH definition of "close contact" for COVID-19 still uses within 6 feet of distance for at least 15 minutes as its standard.
Please follow these instructions to select your student's preference for 4th quarter. The District will review the choices selected by parents next week and carefully analyze classroom, lunchroom and other capacity issues based on these selections. The District will communicate assigned in-person days for families for the 4th quarter during the week of March 22nd.
If you do not submit a form, we will use your student's current track assignment (all-remote, 2-day, or 4-day) as your preference for the 4th quarter.
Directions for Submitting Your Preference:
1. Log into the PowerSchool Parent Portal (you must log into your parent account, not your student's account).
2. Select "Forms" from the left-hand menu
3. Select "4th Quarter Learning Preference" from the available forms
4. Make your selection from the following options, understanding that social distancing may be decreased from the current 6 feet in classroom settings:
- Attend in person 4 days a week (Tuesday-Friday)
- Attend in person 2 days a week based on last name (A-K on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, L-Z on Thursdays and Fridays)
If you are having trouble logging into PowerSchool or accessing forms, please email: email@example.com