We know that this unprecedented global event will raise mental health concerns for our students and families, including fear of the unknown, social isolation, and other issues. Students receiving specific school-based IEP services will be contacted regarding those services during our school closure.
For students who need immediate but non-emergency mental health assistance for themselves or a friend, Text-A-Tip is a 24/7 anonymous text-communication system.
Text to: 844-823-5323 Enter Text: TREVHELP
In an emergency, call 911.
The JED Foundation has shared the following mental health resources specific to COVID-19:
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has guidance on managing mental health and coping during COVID-19 for children and caregivers
- The Child Mind Institute has published a resource on how to talk
- young people about COVID-19.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has information on travel, media resources, and other research on COVID-19.
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America Psychologist Jelena Kecmanovic provides some science-based strategies and tips for coping with COVID-19 anxiety.