Current New Trier High School students and students who will be completing 8
grade and are registered with District 203 will be eligible to enroll in summer school courses. Students who do not attend New Trier High School will not be eligible to enroll for the summer of 2021
We are using a new registration process that is accessible through the
PowerSchool Parent Portal
. Before attempting to register, please carefully read the following instructions regarding the Summer School Registration request process.
Registration Requests - General Information:
- Registration requests will begin on
February 16 at 8:00 am.
- There are two summer school forms available in PowerSchool:
For Academic or Enrichment Courses use:
Summer School Academic / Enrichment Course Request Form
For Sports Opportunities use:
Summer School Athletic Course Request Form
- Submitting the Summer School Registration Request form does not guarantee a seat in a course. Class size is limited and subject to COVID-19 restrictions and available staffing.
Summer School Course Catalog
; indicates classes that are all-remote or in-person, as well as times, dates, and campuses.
- Prior to completing the Summer School Registration Request Form, students and parents are urged to carefully read the summer school course catalog to avoid time conflicts between classes and athletics.
March 17 Registration Deadline and Waitlist Option:
- Up to March 17, parents will be able to re-submit the Summer School Registration Form if a change needs to be made. After March 17, parents who have submitted the form will not be able to re-submit. If a change must be made after March 17, the parent must email the change request to
- After March 17, classes will be determined and staff hired based on the number of requests. Registration requests submitted after March 17 will be granted only on a space available basis.
- Courses with insufficient enrollment will be canceled after the March 17 deadline.
- For courses that are not cancelled, registration will
close at 3:00 pm on March 18 and re-open at 8:00 am on Tuesday, March 30 until the enrollment reaches capacity. Once a course reaches capacity, parents may select the "waitlist" option.
- After March 17, if a class is closed or cancelled, it will be noted on the course information.
- Students will NOT be able to register for one course AND be placed on a waitlist for a different course. They also cannot be placed on multiple waitlists.
Notification to Families and Payment:
- Families who register by March 17 will find out shortly thereafter if their request can be accommodated.
- Families will be contacted between mid-April through mid-May if their summer school request cannot be accommodated.
- Registrants must pay the non-refundable $50/student registration fee and the entire tuition at the time of billing from New Trier's Business Office, which will occur in May.
- There is no tuition for credit recovery courses.
- The Business Office receipt of payment will be the final confirmation of course enrollment.
Summer School Schedules:
- Summer School schedules will be available in PowerSchool
approximately two weeks before the start of Summer School. Student schedules will not be mailed or emailed.
Accessing the Summer School Registration Request Form:
- Log into the PowerSchool Parent Portal at:
Click the "Forgot Username or Password" link on the login screen if you have misplaced or forgotten your username or password.
- Do not log into your Student's Portal. Summer School Registration requests must be submitted using the Parent's PowerSchool portal.
- Click on "Forms" located on the left side navigation bar.
- Under the category "Summer School" choose the following form(s):
School Academic / Enrichment Course Request"
School Athletic Course Request"
- These forms will be available on Feb 16
at 8:00 AM.
If you have questions about your PowerSchool Parent Portal user account or are having trouble logging in, please contact the Data Team by email at
- Need PowerSchool help? Call the Helpline 847-784-7548 on M-F from 8:00 am to 3:30
If you have questions, please email