The Cook County Department of Public Health/Chicago Travel Guidance requires a negative PCR or antigen test or a 10-day quarantine for anyone who travels to an "orange" state - including those under 18. This is a change from the previous guidance. New Trier's saliva screening does not fulfill this requirement.
These are some local options for families seeking a PCR test because of travel or for any other reason:
New Trier Township COVID-19 Testing on April 2, 3, 4 & 10 (spots limited and filling fast)
New Trier Township school districts have partnered with NorthShore Clinical Labs to host free COVID-19 PCR testing for students, families, staff, and community members at Marie Murphy School in Wilmette. Test results are expected within 24-48 hours from time of testing.
Marie Murphy School Gymnasium
2921 Illinois Road, Wilmette
Those interested in receiving a test must register in advance and complete a laboratory form that is linked on the registration website. More details can be found on this informational flyer. Appointments are limited.
Glenview Flick Park COVID-19 Testing Site - Ongoing
State Senator Laura Fine, State Representatives Jennifer Gong-Gershowitz and Robyn Gabel, Cook County Commissioner Scott Britton, Congressman Brad Schneider, Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky, and the Glenview Park District also have partnered with Northshore Clinical Labs to provide simple swab nasal COVID-19 PCR testing at Flick Park in Glenview.
Open to everyone, no insurance is required, and no out-of-pocket cost.
- Insured persons must bring their insurance card(s).
- Residents without insurance will need a state-issued photo ID (except minors).
- Results are reported within 2-3 business days.
Flick Park - Pool Field House
3600 Glenview Road, Glenview, IL. 60025
Those interested must register in advance . Appointments are limited.
NorthShore University HealthSystem Immediate Care Clinics
NorthShore is now offering same-day COVID-19 PCR testing to anyone at all NorthShore Immediate Care Centers.
- Anyone can be tested (including asymptomatic patients, those with an exposure to the virus, or those displaying symptoms)
- Patients can walk in or alert NorthShore that they are coming prior to arrival (via www.northshore.org/immediatecare )
- Test results may be available in just one hour - if one-hour tests are not available, test results will typically be ready in 1-2 days
- All COVID-19 testing, including one-hour tests, at NorthShore are PCR tests
- NorthShore Immediate Care accepts many insurance plans - visit www.northshore.org for a full list of accepted insurance plans
More details are available by clicking on this informational flyer .
These are just a few of the options available in our local area. Families may seek PCR or antigen tests wherever they choose to fulfill the Cook County Public Health guidelines. New Trier does not collect these tests following travel, but they should be kept in case requested.